What is the difference between Trello & Microsoft Project? I am evaluating a tool for Enterprise Project Management. Will both do the same job for me? Any your views which is better and why?
As I understand both tool get for you enough functionality.
Hence you have another paramaters like:
2. Supported system
3. Integration with different tools
4. Easy to use
1. Trello cheaper than Project, 25 vs ~10 USD (it is hack trello need to pay monthly, the same for Project)
2. Trello win, because it is web based softwarem hence it is supported.
3. Trello has good API, hence easy to integrate with other RESTfull products.
4. Fortunately, Project has so many features hence it is has legacy. UX so hard to use it.
5. MS Project provide for you (on-promises server edition software), hence you have more opportunity to scale, configure etc.
Trello scaled by vendors, I mean Atlassian. About backups you will need to use export funtionality http://help.trello.com/article/747-exporting-data-from-trello-1 .
But for Enterprise project management you should understand your company is flexible startup or large enterprise. How important is fast communication, collaboration, planning for projects.
I hope I have answered to your question.
I'd also look at what you are trying to achieve with them.
If you have a rigid, fixed plan with goals and deadlines, trying to deal with resource dependencies in a fixed order, and you know that you've got a list of everything that needs doing, then you probably have a "waterfall" project, and MS-Project is a good choice.
If you have a more fluid, flexible thing where pieces of work are regularly rearanged and more added, something more "Agile", then Trello is going to be a better bet.
Or even use both - Project for the overall plan, and Trello for your day-to-day and breakdowns of bigger pieces of work.
(Frankly though, the Waterfall approach is a dinosaur in most fields - highly suited to certain types of project, but most of the world is a lot more Agile nowadays)
As a Jira power user, I was at first doubtful that Trello could benefit my workflow. Jira already uses boards (ones you can customize!), so why would I even need to use Trello?! In this post you will...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG