Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop notification in Chrome not working

Romana_Madhar April 15, 2020

Hi, I am using Chrome and I would like to get desktop notifications (a small window with the notification that shows up in the corner of the desktop) of the due dates/reminders that I set. I came across the following page/instructions (see italic text below).

Even after changing the Notifications permissions to allow, I am not getting these pop-up notifications. Can someone help me with this?

Desktop Notifications

If you’re using Chrome, Safari or Firefox, your browser can generate desktop notifications, an emerging web standard. (At this time, Trello must be open in a browser tab to get desktop notifications and they're not currently supported in Edge.) Just click on your name in the header, and select "Settings" then select “Enable Desktop Notifications…” from the settings page. Now when you get a notification, a small window with the notification will show up in the corner of your desktop. Desktop notifications can also be set in your " Account" page.

If you would like to disable Trello desktop notifications in Chrome & Firefox, while at https://trello.com you can select the lock icon in your browser's address bar and under Permissions change the Notifications permissions to block. To disable Trello desktop notifications in Safari, in the Safari header select "Safari", then "Preferences", then "Notifications." In the notifications tab you will want to find trello.com in the list of websites and select "Deny."

Note: If you have previously denied desktop notifications in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari you may not see the option to enable desktop notifications in your Trello settings page. If this is the case then you can still enable Trello desktop notifications in Chrome and Firefox by selecting the lock icon in your browser's address bar and under Permissions changing the Notifications permissions to allow. In Safari you can enable desktop notifications by selecting "Safari" from the browser's header, then "Preferences", then "Notifications." In the notifications tab you will want to find trello.com in the list of websites and select "Allow."

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events