Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description formatting issue

Stacey Heaney February 2, 2023

Hello, I am loving the new card addition under the Description section that now allows for different formatting options.  However, since this addition, whenever I need to add a new line in, it places a large gap in between the text above which makes our lovely cards look untidy and unorganised.  Is there a way I can reduce this space that I have missed?

Originally looks like this:

Original.png

Then like this with the work "test" added

Example - word Test added.png

It would also be great if the formatting options available here, such as Horizontal line and underline could also be added at some stage.

Thank you

Stacey

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2023

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you'd like a smaller space between new lines, you can press Shift+Enter which will enter a new line right below the text.

As for adding a horizontal line, you can do so by selecting 'Divider' in the + dropdown, or by typing --- in the description field:

Image 2023-02-06 at 4.39.25 pm.png

Right now, it's not possible to underline text. I definitely understand how this could be helpful, so I've flagged this as a feature request with the product team.

You can read more about the new editor here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/New-Editor-in-Trello/ba-p/2038725/

Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Stacey Heaney February 7, 2023

Hi Lara,

Fantastic!!  Thank you so much for providing this helpful feedback, much appreciated.

Stacey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events