Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a trello board with no admin

Daniel Isepciuc October 21, 2021

Hi,

We have an workspace with multiple boards and reached the max numbers of free boards allowed. I would like to delete a couple to gain capacity, but those boards were created by users no longer active and there is no admin on them. 

I could leave the board, but that does not close the board and it will still count against my worskpace capacity.

How can I overcome this issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Hi @Daniel Isepciuc ,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Which plan are you using for these trello boards?

Are you the only user for leaving the board? If there are other users you can leave those boards. Check this guide - https://help.trello.com/article/804-leaving-a-board-in-trello. Trello only won't allow you to leave the board if you are only admin or user of that board. 

I would also like to hear from you regarding closing those old boards or make another person admin of those boards.

Let me know if that helps.

Daniel Isepciuc October 21, 2021

Hey,

The problem I am facing is slightly different than what you describe above, let me summarise and hopefully make it more clear:

1. The workspace holding the boards has the free plan
  2. I am an admin member of the workspace ( alongside other admins)
  3. The boards I would like to delete have single users, deactivated. Those users are not admin users on those boards ( as being deactivated)
  4. I am not a member of those boards myself, I am just admin of the workspace holding them.

Daniel

Like Federico Scala likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2021

Thanks for explaining @Daniel Isepciuc .

So, you are on free plan, thanks for confirming and you are managing the workspace as admin.

If you were in Standard/ Premium, Admins  could close/delete the boards in workspace.

Could you please check this guide - 'If you are not able to change admin after previous admin leaves' - https://help.trello.com/article/768-changing-the-admins-of-a-workspace-or-board ?

Let me know if that helps or solves your issue.

Daniel Isepciuc October 23, 2021

Thanks @Suvradip Paul , I activated my trial for a premium account after reading the recommended thread above and that allowed me to access all boards within the workspace regardless of being/not being a member of those boards.

This solved my issue!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2021

@Daniel Isepciuc  - Glad to hear that you can access all the boards now. I would request you to keep a note of  board and space admin and user settings for future. 

Stay safe and healthy and keep posting and contributing to this community.

Cheers

Suvradip

0 votes
cpapas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2024

If you're using the FREE version of Trello, the answer is somewhat easy.

First, create a new Workspace.  Move all your boards to the new Workspace to the except the one where the Admin doesn't exist.  If you need the if information from that board, you'll have to copy it over by hand or export it.

Once done, you can delete the old workspace and the board will automatically be closed.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events