Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default board for new card widget in Android app

Marius October 28, 2021

I recently switched to a new phone. I placed the widget to create a new card on my start screen. But every time I use the widget it asks me again for the board and the column to place the new card in.

On my old phone I had this widget as well and I'm pretty sure this old widget remembered the selection of the board and the column. So every time I opened the widget the last used board and column were already selected.

Am I missing something or is "not remembering" the correct behaviour?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2021

Hi @Marius  and @Jiri Skuhrovec,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry for the trouble.

We've passed this onto our team, and they'll investigate further.

While I don't have an ETA on when a fix for the issue will be pushed, as soon as one is available, we will deploy it.

If there's anything we can help you with or if you have any other concerns, please let us know and we’d be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Franky November 5, 2021

Same here, old Phone (Android 10) remembers and new phone (Android 11) does not. Same behaviour within the app if you add card with plus sign. So no really quick add anymore, please fix it!

Andre November 16, 2021

Same issue here (also Android).

This is super annoying. It used to be my default way of quickly taking notes (which I'd organize later). It was a 1-step process, which has now become too cumbersome to be useful. I'd really appreciate a quick fix.

Isak Gunnarsson November 25, 2021

Same here!

Would love to get my clicks down form 3 to 2 to creat a new card, THanks for an awesome app!

Yegor Zubkov November 28, 2021

Same here.

Went back to my Samsung A71 (Android 11 OneUI 3.1) after a few months of using an iPhone and have just encountered the bug.

It was fine in August so the bug must've been introduced this autumn.

Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2021

Hi everyone (& @BonarBeavis@Jiri Skuhrovec),

Thanks for your patience here!

A fix for this issue should be available in version 2021.17 of the Android app. You may be able to access this version earlier via the beta program: https://help.trello.com/article/750-trello-for-android-beta-program

Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Like Andre likes this
Andre November 28, 2021

I just tried the beta version and it looks like this does indeed fix the issue. Thank you! 

Like Lara likes this
0 votes
BonarBeavis November 28, 2021

Jesus, this is absolutly critical. Friction in my neocortex is not acceptable.

0 votes
Jiri Skuhrovec October 29, 2021

Same issue here. This is nasty.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events