• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Deciding on best architecture, and duplicating existing boards...

Hello! First time using Trello for my project, which is a 100% remote 8 week sleep coaching program, with downloadable docs and links to educational videos, weekly live one on ones and group Zoom sessions. 

It follows a set order of events, tasks, etc., weeks one thru eight

Trying to figure out the most intuitive, smoothest way to set this up. Should I... :

Create a board for the whole program, that can be duplicated over and over for each new client... so they can go thru each list, checking off everything as they do it... 

OR

Create ONE master board and make each Client a CARD and move them thru lists one thru eight as they proceed thru the program?

As I'm new, I'm not clear on which would be the simplest to operate and scale... as well as educate new users (clients) on how to proceed thru. Most likely I'll record and send Loom vids of walk-thrus on whichever.

Thanks in advance for any experienced suggestions!

p.s.- Bears mentioning that I have several strategic partners on my team, one for hypnotherapy, one for mindset and nutrition/exercise, one for functional medicine. Having a centralized setup where I can see who's doing what and when for each client is desirable (whether I can get everyone to engage fully is another question... these aren't employees, they're independent entities I've brought to the effort).

1 answer

1 vote
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 24, 2020

@James Kuhn the key thing to consider is that any board member has full access to that board, unless they're a member of your team and the board is team viewable or you have a business class team and add them as an observer; in that case you can restrict them to only be able to comment/vote on cards but they can see everything on the board.

So the question is: is it okay for the students to be able to see each others' cards? If not, perhaps the best option would be to have one board per client, and then each of those boards linked from a card in your overview board (which you could share with your partners).

Also note that you can only have 10 boards per free team, and Trello are rolling out changes that will prohibit personal boards from having multiple members so it's likely you'll need to pay for business class soon for you and your partners, but you will be able to have each client as a member of their own board as a "single board guest" without paying for them.

The linked "board of boards" example is actually the second scenario I include in this introduction to the Trellinator automation library:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

759 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you