Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Loss (Do I need to worry or does Trello have it under control)

hearsay April 8, 2018

I love Trello. I just started using it for work and school. My one and only concern is data loss. With previous apps I could ease this anxiety by simply backing up my data. I have never had to rely on any of those backups but if I needed it I could simply import and all would be back to normal. With Trello I have found this is not possible. Yes, I can download a JSON file of my data, but this certainly isn't the same. In the end, I would need to reenter all of the data manually anyway, so that feature seems pointless. Probably useful for coders and developers.

Anyway, is data loss something I should even concern myself with? Maybe not. Perhaps I should just relax and rest assured that my data is being professionally managed by the folks at Trello?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2018

Hi @hearsay

If you want to export all your data you can. As normal user only JSON files.
As business class user it is possible to download all your boards into CSV-Files.

Here are some resources that may help you:

To calm your concerns, Trello has a whole page dedicated to explain their data safety. Trello does backups and tries to hold up a 100% availability. :)

More here: https://trello.com/trust

Cheers
Niklas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events