Daily board snapshot emails?

Scott A Gasparick February 24, 2022

I would like to automate sending a board snapshot every weekday morning. The default option from the dropdown automation menu only allows for selecting one day. 

I have tried using the general automation butler to generate reports, which I CAN set up to send every weekday, but can't find a way to create the snapshots. 

Is this possibleimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2022

Can you add some screenshots? Not sure I’m following which features you are using. 

I added screenshots. 

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2022

See that link at bottom of last screenshot? “For more automation”. You need to create a scheduled command that sends the report (it’s under the Other actions in Butler). 

I went to that screen, and could get it to send a text report, but not a snapshot. 

I first generated a report, and then included that report in the automated email.

The report, however was/is just a text list of all of the cards not a snapshot. 

How do I send a snapshot like the snapshot shortcut?

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
February 24, 2022

The email report Board Snapshot in that menu just creates a special scheduled command. Go ahead and set it up for one day and then click the button to edit it and you’ll see the details that it uses. I think it all uses a special variable called {$report_html} or something similar. 

Ok. I will try that. Thanks. 

Scott A Gasparick February 27, 2022

Update: This worked perfectly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events