Customize visibility of information on the front of the card

Stefan Nagorny March 8, 2021

Hello,

how can I customize which information is visible on the front of the cards?

For example, when I have a card with start and due date, these dates are shown on the front of the card. But I don't want this. Or I only want to see the due date, but not the start date.

Another example: I want to add a custom field and fill it, but I do not want this field visible on the front of the card.

Is there something like a simple list where I can check or uncheck visible information on the front of the card? If not, is there another possibility to do so? If not, why?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2021

Hi @Stefan Nagorny ,

You can hide custom fields from the front of a card by unchecking the 'Show field on front of card' option like so:

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 2.49.38 pm.png

Unfortunately for the other badges such as labels, due dates etc. These card can't be customised to be hidden on the card front. A workaround may be to create a new custom date field for 'due date', this way you can control whether it shows on the front of card or not. This will mean you lose the added features like being able to mark a due date as completes or receiving notifications, however the latter can be replicated using 'Butler'. Given the complexities, it be more effort than it's worth to re-create your own 'Due Date' field.

I hope this clarifies things. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events