Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field for checklists.

Brent Ackors April 2, 2022

We create checklists for a job.  Created a custom field "Budgeted Hours" but it only applies to the card....not each checklist.

Looking for a way to create "Budgeted hours" for a checklist item.

2 answers

1 vote
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2022

Hi @Brent Ackors ! For the moment, it's not possible to add additional information to a check-item. Just the check-item name, due date, member assignment, and completed status. I'm not sure if Trello are planning to implement more detailed check-items, but in the meantime, an alternative approach would be to turn the check-items into linked cards. So this would generate a "sub card" from the checklist item, and from there you can add all necessary information relating to the check-item.

This would mean more cards on your board, but you could look at storing these "sub-cards" on a separate board so it doesn't clutter the main board, or add them to a hidden list (using the collabsible list power up). 

More details on creating linked cards from checklists here: https://help.trello.com/article/1165-task-dependencies

0 votes
kuldeep Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2022

@Brent Ackors ,

Please use below document to create and Configure "Checklist for Jira",

https://okapya.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CHKCDOC/pages/64058200/Administrator+Guide

Please let me know, if this is helpful.

Thanks,

Kuldeep

Brent Ackors April 3, 2022

I'm using Trello, not Jira

kuldeep Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2022

@Brent Ackors 

In that case, please reach out to Trello support , they will help you in this.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events