Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field dates and calendar

Phillip Romeril May 27, 2019

I am trying to get multiple dates entered on one card to show up in my calendar. 

I have enabled the Custom Fields powerup and I have added a date custom field to my cards but any date entered here does not show up on my calendar. It is still only showing the Due Date on the calendar.

I have tried enabling and using Planyway powerup calendar but still no luck.

Is it possible to have Custom Field dates show up in the calendar?

9 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2019

@Phillip Romeril

Hi Phillip, no, custom fields calendar dates do not show up on the calendar, only the due date of the card.

Megan Kelly January 18, 2020

@Katrin Anger Is there a way to put in functionality requests with the Trello team?  This functionality to be able to see custom field dates in a calendar view is a critical missing piece for us.

Like # people like this
Jennie_Malmberg May 5, 2020

It's the same for us, a critical missing piece. So is it possible with functionality requests? @Katrin Anger 

Like # people like this
Katie Buckwalter July 10, 2020

My team would also like to request this missing functionality. @Katrin Anger 

Like Alyssa Boente likes this
Amanda V. July 21, 2020

Following. I need to plan multiple due dates in one card and the custom fields don't sync to any calendar.

David Klein August 3, 2020

Same issue please add this functionality

Russell Semenov August 15, 2020

What's the point of custom date fields if they won't show on a calendar?

Really. Just think about it.

It is mind boggling how no one in atlassian team has thought of this when implementing the customs field feature

Don't you guys use Trello for brainstorming and concept validation? :) 

Like # people like this
Alyssa Boente August 26, 2020

We also need this functionality quite urgently. Trello team, can you please help with this? 

Like # people like this
Wout Funnekotter September 9, 2020

My team is also in need of this feature. We're looking into alternatives to Trello because of this

Like Michele Alise Fraichard likes this
Glenn Mc September 15, 2020

This feature would be a game changer for my company as a whole!

Like Michele Alise Fraichard likes this
Kelly Herbert October 1, 2020

Pretty pretty pretty please???

Katie Leach October 9, 2020

Hi, I've just posted a question and wonder if anyone here has found the solution as similar problem. We want to be able to see start date to end date on the calendar (not just when tasks are due). Basically to see works in progress and identify pinch-points/availability in workload. 
I thought of Custom Field but looks like this doesn't sync to the calendar.
What about Harvester?
Has anyone had any other break-throughs?
Thanks!

Katie

Josephine L January 12, 2021

Oh i also need this feature so badly!!!! Or at least know how i could do this differently. I have 3-4 custom fields i need to display in calendar.

Marius Antares May 7, 2021

Another user needing this functionality.  I know how easy it would be to code this.

Kamilla Kristensen August 3, 2021

My team and I also need this feature badly!

Eignamiðlun ehf April 3, 2022

A badly needed function.

Stephan Goldmann July 12, 2022

Oh we need this urgently! Please!

Daniel Mee September 13, 2022

+1 for me too.

Nithin Mukundan November 18, 2022

This is a crucial requirement for us as well. Now each card may have due dates for individuals and an overall due date. Not being able to use this limits our use of Trello. We have to use another board just for this which is too redundant and unproductive. Please look into this. We would pay a premium for simply using this. But without that, the premium plan is pretty much useless to us. 

Betsy Grebinoski January 2, 2023

+1 we need this too. Thank you!

Matt Rogers February 8, 2023

@Nathan Smith Seems like we're not the only company to need the functionality to add multiple dates and times that sync as a single event with Google calendar. This omission basically makes Trello worthless to managing our workflow and, considering the functionality exists elsewhere within Trello, it seems bizarre not to have this already enabled.

Like Stephan Goldmann likes this
Erin Powell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 9, 2024

Same

3 votes
Ron August 20, 2021

Start and Due dates are useless for us. Each job (card) needs to be able to have many dates showing on the calendar. Add this functionality please.

3 votes
Kelly Herbert October 1, 2020

This is indeed super annoying. In the interim, a janky workaround is to add a checklist item and assign that a due date. That shows up on the calendar view.

It would also be helpful if all due dates would sync with your Outlook calendar as well, including checklist items (which is not currently the case).

Morten R. Rothmann May 11, 2022

To automate the "janky workaround", I have created a rule for each custom field (e.g. "X") as follows:

When custom field "X" is set to a date, add item "X" to checklist "Checklist", and set the item due on the date in the custom field "X"

This skips the manual step of creating a checklist, adding the item and date, but just copies in whatever is set for the custom field.

Jordan Glassman November 1, 2022

Indeed, besides just being displayed on the front of the card, these automation hacks seem to be the only thing custom date fields are actually useful for.

2 votes
Agent Services August 29, 2022

Another team needing multiple dates to show up and to be able to customize better the reminders... like Google calendar, weeks, months prior to the deadline. Reminders with notes/titles would be amazing.

1 vote
Amanda V. May 7, 2021

I found a way to add multiple due dates to your calendar!! Add a checklist with the list of due dates, then assign a due date to the task. It shows up on the calendar view of the board (top left, click "Board" dropdown, select calendar) then you can sync the Trello calendar to your personal calendar.

Hope this helps! 

1 vote
Unknown Name February 22, 2021

Seems like this is unchanged from months ago, but adding my support to this request. Seems like a pretty big omission.

0 votes
Lárus Ómarsson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 10, 2024

I need two dates and to differentiate between them in calendar view, Customer picks up and Pick up from customer. There is no difference between Start date and Due date in calendar view so it is useless to me. Strange obsticle.

0 votes
Ron July 12, 2022

They have time to redo the UI like 4 times, but no time for this. They don't care about us.

0 votes
Amanda V. February 22, 2021

Trello just did an update with a calendar view of your boards (there’s also a map view, and timeline). When I add a checklist to my card and assign due dates to checklist items, they show up on the calendar view. I haven’t tried to sync this with my email calendar yet, but I keep trello open throughout the day and can see upcoming due dates for my to-do items in the calendar view. Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events