Custom Field

Tosin Fagbemi April 11, 2022

Hello all,

Is it possible to create a ''custom field'' for multiple boards? I have 10 boards but I'm only able to create a custom field for one board.

The screenshot uploaded is another board but the custom field in it is not clickable.

What can I do pls?Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 17.07.27.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

Hi @Tosin Fagbemi ! Welcome to the community :) custom fields is a feature of the Standard or Premium plan. Your Trello plan is associated to your Trello workspace. If you want to use custom fields in all 10 boards, you'll need to ensure all boards are within the paid workspace. Are you able to see if those boards where you can't add custom fields are within a free workspace?

Tosin Fagbemi April 12, 2022

Hello Hannah, good to be here. The boards are within the same workspace, which is free. Now I understand why I can only use the custom field for one board. 

Thanks.

Also, what are other pecks of upgrading to a paid plan?

Is there a link you can refer me to for better understanding pls?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Got it! Yes, you would need at least the Standard plan. There are a few extra features you'd get like unlimited boards, advanced checklists, and more butler quota, among other things. It's all detailed here.

Thanks a lot, Hanah. Very helpful

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2022

@Tosin Fagbemi i made this tiktok recently about understanding trello pricing plans and how to know which ones you'd need! https://www.tiktok.com/@trellotok/video/7065372912936652078?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

Basically you can probably get by with the free plan unless you want to use advanced checklists or custom fields, or you have a lot of automation. But if you want any of those things, you're going to be better off with the standard (or higher) plan!

Like Tosin Fagbemi likes this
0 votes
Artemis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2022

Agree with Hannah Morgan - looks like this board isn't part of a paid workspace. Standard and Premium upgrade the workspace instead of your Trello account. It is strange that you don't have the "Upgrade" badge next to the Custom Fields button, though.

Let us know if the board belongs to your paid workspace - if it isn't, you can move it into your paid one so you get all the features you're paying for. Moving a board to a different Workspace

Thanks Artemis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events