Creating a Bucket List of "To Do's" in Trello

Hello Community,

I would like to create a group of "to do" list when selecting a button.

For example:

If I create a button in "butler" I would like for it to create a series of tasks and things to do.

For example: If I create a button (Buy Combo 1) in Trello via: Butler PowerUp... I wish for it to contact the fries company to order fries, the drink company to order a drink and the burger company to create a burger.

What are the effective and efficient ways to create these into Trello and Butler in one?

Thank you in advance

Wil

1 answer

0 votes
Francis Peixoto Community Champion Oct 01, 2018

My suggestion:

1. Create a list called "Combos"
  2. Create a card in list "Combos" called "Combo 1"
  3. Create a checklist called "Ingredients" in card "Combo 1" and populate it with the elements of said combo
  4. Create a Card button called "Create Combo"
    • convert all the items in checklist "Ingredients" into cards

This will create new card in the default new card list named for each item in the "Ingredients" checklist of the "Combo 1" card

As far as assignment is concerned, a classic butler recipe would allow you to " finding members in the item" when you initiate the conversion, but I don't think you can use that command on a card button.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Feb 20, 2019 in Trello

Using Trello To Facilitate Skillsharing

I work with a lot of really smart people, and chances are, you do, too! Our company encourages learning, even outside of things that relate to our jobs, so a friend of mine and I decided to find a wa...

248 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you