Create card from template with Google Forms

Tara Miller May 12, 2023

We're a photography company that just started using Trello. We plan to use a Google Form as our contact form on our website, which will then generate a new Trello card on our project board when someone submits the form (via Zapier).But we'd like to take it a step further and have it create the new card from one of our template cards based on what type of photography service they are requesting because each type of service has a different set of checklists, etc. For example, if they choose "Event Photography" on the Google Form, we'd love it to create the new Trello card by copying/duplicating our Event Photography template card we've created & saved on that same board. Is this possible? 

2 answers

1 vote
Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2023

Hi @Tara Miller ,

Toni, founder of Crmble here. With Crmble Power-Up you can connect a Google Form and connect it with your Trello board. Every time there is a submit in the form it will create a Trello Card ( In our case with a Contact and Deal linked to it ).

If you are also adding an automation rule you would be able to create that template card you are looking for when a new card is created in an specific list.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Toni

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2023

Hi @Tara Miller 

Welcome to the community.

1 question, are you committed to Google Forms?  There are a some great form power-up's that remove the need for Zapier as an intermediate layer.

Forms by Blue Cat

Forms - Tiny Power-Ups Club 

Hipporello goes 1 step further will the ability to build forms and a user portal

This is just a thought based on my experience.  I try to avoid external connectors unless absolutely necessary for my solutions.

You can map all of these solutions to custom fields, which you can also do with Zapier.  Once the data is in custom fields, you can use automation to process it to meet your needs.

So if a card is added to Trello with the custom field Service set to "Event Photography".  You can copy the data from a template card "Event Photography" into the card.

What parts of a Trello card would be included in your template, e.g. Description, labels, checklists, attachments etc?? 

Tara Miller May 16, 2023

Hi @Dreamsuite Mike 

Thank you for this info! The only reason we're using the Google Forms/Zapier connection is because they are both free for us to use. 

So if I'm understanding you correctly, if my Google Form has a dropdown question where a client can select the type of service they're looking for, we can map that question to our custom field entitled "Type of Photoshoot" and then use automation to copy/paste everything from the template card we've created for that particular type of shoot? Would you be able to explain more how to do this through automation as I'm not familiar at all with that feature.

As to your question of "which parts of a Trello card would be included in your template" - all of the above!

Thank you so much!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events