Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a rule that would check for other cards containing the same name

Louis CHOI June 22, 2022

I need some help with creating a rule. Some background info

1. We have a system that sends an email to Trello. Trello then creates the Trello card

2. The only caveat is that the client name is in the email content and not in the subject

3. I was able to work around my way with a rule that looks like this "when the description of a card contains "Account:{*}CMR", rename the card to "{carddescriptionwildcard1}", and set custom field "Client name" to "{carddescriptionwildcard1}"

4. What I also needed was a solution to identify which of the card names "client names" are specific clients we want to focus on

5. I did not know how to do it, so what I did was created 50 trello cards. Each trello card contains a unique client name

6. Then i created a rule to search in the description the client name, which is the "asterisk". Then find a card with the wild card in the list with the 50 trello cards that contains the unique client names, and find the card that triggered the entire command "original card", and add a label. The rules looks like this "when the description of a card in list "Assess" contains "Account:{*}CMR", find a card titled "{carddescriptionwildcard1}" in list "Focus Accounts - Don't touch", find a card with link "{triggercardlink}", and add the orange "Focus" label to the card"

My challenge here is that this rule is trying to find a 100% identical match. Unfortunately it's not what I really want. See example scenario below

Example: 

The card that came in to Trello as a new card has client name "ABC Ltd."

One of the 50 trello cards containing the unique name in the list "Focus Accounts" is "ABC"

We know it is a match. Since ABC Ltd is similiar to ABC. But Trello doesnt sees it that way

Trello is attempting to find a 100% match, and therefore will NEVER add the label that I want. I guess I need some kind of a rule that search for "contains" part of the name that I want, and add the label. Anyone that knows how this can be done? 

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Antonio Panea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2022

Hi @Louis CHOI ,

I have an idea about how you could do that with Crmble Power-Up and Zapier.

Just create a Trigger ( Add Label in your email ) and then an action of creating a Crmble Card.

That way Crmble will create a card (Lead) with that Contact assigned to it. Then you will be able to send emails from the card and also received emails in the card automatically just by connecting your account with our Gmail Topping.

If you would like to see how it works you could book a demo here:

https://calendly.com/d/dq8-fps-624/crmble-demo

Please let me know if your need anything else!

Cheers

Toni

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events