Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Zendesk ticket from a Trello card

Archie Judd September 16, 2019

Hi there,

Is there anyway to create a Zendesk ticket from a Trello card?

There seems to be the capability for the reverse and I'm surprised I can't find an obvious way of doing this.

The Zendesk powerup only seems to allow me to attach a ticket or view, but not create a ticket.

Any solution or workaround appreciated. 

Many thanks for any help!

2 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

@Archie Judd there is a create ticket action in the Zapier integration for Zendesk:

https://zapier.com/apps/zendesk/help

So you should be able to trigger ticket creation and maybe add a link to that ticket back to the card, for example when a card is moved to a particular list or a label is added.

I also have a Trello integration called Benko Board that allows you to use Trello as a Gmail client:

https://trello.com/integrations/#benkoboard

I recently released this as a Google Sheets addon so anyone with a G-Suite account can now install it (although I haven't yet updated the website):

https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/benko_board_by_the_procedure_people/204068045444

I've also developed a Trellinator plugin for this called BenkoDesk (also as yet unpublished online, but website coming soon!) that allows you to share a Gmail account via Benko Board, so you can use Trello as a (much cheaper) replacement for Zendesk. Basically all members of a board can see and reply to emails directly from Trello cards, and you can have all your internal discussion, checklists etc. within Trello rather than within Zendesk. All the mail transfer runs through Gmail.

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

Looks like Zapier can definitely solve this problem for you!

image.png

Let me know if you get stuck here and need any help with setting up, but Zapier is fairly intuitive. You just connect your Trello account and ZenDesk, and then it should be as simple as creating two steps - 1) when you get a new ticket.... 2) create a card in Trello with info from that ticket. 

Unfortunately ZenDesk is one of Zapier's premium apps, so you'll have to have a plan paying at least $20 a month to use this solution. 

Another idea that should be free... could you get ZenDesk tickets in your inbox and then automatically forward them to a trello board? You should be able to set up automatic email forwarding with your email (assuming you use something like G Suite). At that point you can get them on the board automatically, the worst problem might be the formatting, but it might not be that bad actually depending on how the emails are coming in.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events