Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Report for individual Checklist Items with Due dates

Julie Freistroffer August 27, 2020

Hey Everyone,

I have a Checklist on each card with 5 items, each item with its own individual due date. So, the card itself does not have a due date, only the individual checklist items for each member. 

I am trying to make a  report, where it will tell me which individual Checklist items are overdue (or if that isn't possible, have the report tell me what is incomplete). The issue is, when I receive the report via email, it only tells me the card name and does not follow the commands involving the specific checklist items. Below is the calendar command I set up:

every thursday at 8:00 am, create a report in variable "PDR" with all cards with an incomplete checklist using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink}) - {checklistitemname} - {checklistitemstate}", and send an email notification to "jfreistr@......com" with subject "Past Due Report" and message "{$PDR}"

Please help me out on if this report is possible, or if there is a work around. Thank you!!!! 

2 answers

0 votes
Ivan September 17, 2022

Hello @Iain Dooley any updates on "Create Report for individual Checklist Items with Due dates" - I use Trello the same way as @Julie Freistroffer does. Thanks for the help! Ivan

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2020

@Julie Freistroffer I'm surprised that checklistitemstate doesn't work, that should give you a little snapshot of the completion state of items on the card. The checklistitemname variable refers to an individual checklist item and the report is looping through cards, so that's not going to be available.

Anyhoo, if you want to get a report on card due dates, you're better off sub-tasking your checklist as linked cards like this, then you can report on the cards' due dates:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

This is the only real work around to make your items more "card-like" until the advanced checklists feature catches up with things like calendars and reporting.

Julie Freistroffer August 28, 2020

Okay Thanks Iain! The way we use that board specifically it wouldn't make sense to have 5 cards but I will figure something out as a work even if I just have to click into them

- Julie 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events