Copying content between 2 Trello cards

Gary Howard October 30, 2017

How can I copy the content from the comment on one Trello card to another, but retaining the formatting? i.e. when I try to copy and paste, I lose all the bullet points, bold and italic formatting that I entered originally.

2 answers

0 votes
Mohammad.R August 12, 2022

Hi Gary,

You can do that using this online tool: https://euangoddard.github.io/clipboard2markdown/

As Trello uses the Markdown for formatting, use can copy a trello card text and the paste it into this tool and then copy the formatted text to paste it into another trello card.

It saves my time a lot, with copy/paste texts from Confluence to Trello.

@Zach L_Anglois 

0 votes
Zach L_Anglois October 30, 2017

I believe you can only copy the markdown formatting if you left the comment yourself. You would need to edit the comment to grab the markdown.

Otherwise, to my knowledge, it's not currently possible to copy the markdown formatting from someone else's comment.

Gary Howard November 2, 2017

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your answer. I have been trying to copy my own comments from one card to another. However, it doesn't keep the markdown formatting when I paste it into the new card. This means I have to manually re-enter all the formatting again.

Regards,

Gary

Samantha February 11, 2022

Totally feel your suffering, I have literally lost hours and hours over the last 2 weeks re doing all the formating.   **ODDLY** enough it **WORKS** sometimes with copy and pasting it over...... and then it doesn't when it doesn't want to.  Sad to see 4 years later, and a lot of money signing in for extra features and the issue still not fixed...... Don't even get me started on not being able to log in from my I pad now!!  Good luck

Samantha February 11, 2022

Just checked and you can copy and paste a SINGLE line from a checklist over to another card and it will take the formatting with it.  But if you want to copy and paste a long checklist over to another card FORGET IT..... it doesn't work...  IT SHOULD but it DOESN'T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events