Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying checklist

Lore Keyton April 6, 2023

I want to automate a process where I can copy the checklist from our Team Meetings board and place it on our Tasks Board.  I can create the card, but the checklist doesn't show on the other board. I created the rule, but the checklist doesn't show on the new board.

2 answers

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2023

Is the checklist from the team meeting a list of actions that come out of the meeting?  If so, you could have an automation that converts the checklist item to a card on the tasks board.  Let me know how you use it and I will come up with an example solution for you

0 votes
Luciana Munhoz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2023

Hi Lore! Welcome to the community!

I did some tests here, I see that is possible to copy a checklist from a card if the card source is on the same board as the new card. 

As in this example: when a card is added to list "To Do", add the "Tasks" checklist to the card

That would make it simple to work with when checklists are on the same board to copy.

Digging some more, I see that you could try creating a board button on the board where the checklist is located (in this case Team Meetings) that will create a card on Task Board and add the checklist. 

As an example: create a new card with title "Project" in list "Work" on board "Tasks" and add the "To do" checklist from card "Template" to the card

Hope that helps! Any questions let us know. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events