Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a Custom Field from One Board to Another

Jamie Featherstone June 19, 2022

I have a Custom field set up for all Cards on 1 board...it is a Dropdown list of 7 choices.  I have another five Boards that don't have this Custom field.  Is there any way to just copy this Custom-Field-Dropdown to the other 5 Boards?  I can't see a solution to this in the Forum.  I can't see a way to Automate.  I am using paid Trello, not free.  I don't want to use a paid Power-up.  Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

Hi @Jamie Featherstone ! Welcome to the community :) when copying a card from one board to another, any custom fields should copy over along with the value held in that field. However, it won't copy over the 6 other dropdown values; you'll need to enter those in manually. 

So, you can quickly copy the fields by copying + pasting cards (shortcut ctrl + c / ctrl + v), but the values will need to be manually inputted.

Jamie Featherstone June 22, 2022

Thanks for taking the time to post, Hannah.

Yeah, I figured that already but it's not a solution - you are basically building the list from scratch each time (so there is little benefit copying the Custom field between boards by copying a Card).

I'll propose this as an improvement, maybe.

Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events