Did you mean: 

Copying Custom fields from Parent to every linked child card

Shamrock Linens November 16, 2019

Hi,

1) I have customer field:

Sales Person:

Customer First Name:

Customer Last Name:

2) When a item is added to checklist "Products to Order" each individual checklist item is created its unique linked card

3) The linked cards are on the same board, and therefore have the same custom fields.

Can anyone think of a rule that would copy the custom fields entered in the parent field to be copied to the linked fields?

This is what I have come up with. 

when an item is added to checklist "Products to Order", convert the item to a linked card in list "To Order" using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink})", set custom field "First Name" to "{sourcecard}{{%First Name}}",

I want to refer to the "First name" custom field on the source card. How do I do this? Any help would be hugely appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 20.28.30.png

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2019

@Shamrock Linens I don't think there's a way of doing this without variables. Have those made it into Butler power-up/Native version yet? In the old Bot I think you could do it by setting a variable to the field value of the trigger card then setting the field on the create card to the value of the variable, but once you've created the linked card I don't think there's a way to access field values on the trigger card.

In Trellinator it would look something like this:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/ee2a25ef85899ce56876d6cde609360c

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Shamrock Linens November 17, 2019

@Iain Dooley Can you think how I would refer to the trigger card and get it to pull over the text from the custom field? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events