Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy a card when something is added to a list or checked off a list?

Anita Kirkbride February 26, 2020

I have a list for tracking sponsor outreach for an event. One card is the template for onboarding the sponsor once they've said yes. I've been copying this one at a time manually when we get a yes.

Is there a way I can get butler to do this automatically? I tried to do it but couldn't seem to find the right combo. I need to copy a card in a column when something is checked, and have the new card appear in the same column. Bonus if it can rename itself with the sponsor's name

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

Hi,

You can create a rule like this 

when the "yes" item is checked, copy the card to the top of list "{checklistname}", and rename the card to "{cardname} validated by {username}"

When the sponsor checks the item, the user name is added to the name of the new card. (Only the sponsor must check the item)

If sponsor is added as first member to the trigger card, replace {username} by {cardfirstmemberusername}. In this case, anyone can check the item, the sponsor name is added. 

Anita Kirkbride February 27, 2020

Thanks, but that's not my issue. I'm the only one using the list. And I need it to copy a different card.

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Just add a card finding action before copying action and add the sponsor as first member on the "yes card".

find a card titled "Mycard to duplicate"

Anita Kirkbride March 3, 2020

OK. I found the "find card" and have that copying, but I can't seem to see how to rename this card with the sponsor's name. When I check off the Yes checklist, the item checked off will be the sponsor's name. I want to rename the copied card to the sponsor's name.

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2020

Add this last action

and rename the card to "{checklistitemname}"

OMG thank you! That worked! Where can I find a list of these extra parameters available to use in { }?

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2020
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2020

@Anita Kirkbride 

Are these answers useful? Help other community members by marking useful answers as accepted.

0 votes

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events