cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/Move comments

Fabio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 20, 2023

Hello,

In Board 1 person completes task, attaches output links in comment, and moves the card to "Done".

Butler Rule (card as done in board 1 moves to to-do in board 2)

Card 1 is now copied into Board 2 To-Do. The person managing Board 2 needs the link/outputs in the comment from the previous worker in  Board 1.

How to create a rule that moves not only card name but also card comments and description in between boards so that people in board 2 can work with the outputs of people in board 1?

Now only the card name is being copied but not its content. So person in Board 2 knows he has a task but he doesn't have the output from the previous worker.

2 answers

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

@Fabio 

Just double check you don't have this in your command...

Screenshot 2023-03-23 233754.png

If you are using either card move or copy, it should copy all of the card contents, description, labels, custom fields and comments

0 votes
Luciana Munhoz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2023

Hi Fabio! Welcome to the community!

Based on what you're trying to do, I tested on my end by using this rule:

when a card is added to list "Done", move the card to the top of list "To Do" on board “Board2"

Checking the results, I see that the card was moved to the other board with the description and its comments. Is that what you are trying to accomplish?

I'd suggest you testing the this rule and see how it goes. In case you still come across any errors or it's not working properly on your end, please open a ticket to our Trello support so we can do a further investigation. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events