Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Card to Top of List using Buttons

info January 16, 2021

I am trying to figure out how to create a button that when clicked, copies the card to the top of the same list.  However, when trying to set this up, I can only copy a card to ONE specific list.

Is there a way to set this up so it copies to the top of the same list only?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2021

Hi @info ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can use variable {cardlistname}, your card button will be defined like this:

copy the card to the top of list "{cardlistname}"
info January 17, 2021

Thank you but I am trying to add it only to the same list the card is already in. If I put in that variable, it only copied the card to the one list - no matter which list I was copying from.

For example I have a card in List A and a sperate card in List B. I want List A card to copy to List A only and List B card to copy to List B only. However, when I click the copy button the List B card copies to List A. I hope that makes sense!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2021

Hi @info ,

I really believe the variable works, how you need - instead of set the name of one list use the variable {cardlistname}, which means the name of the list will be taken from the source card.

button.png

So then:

• when you're copying the card in List A. copy will be created to the List A
  • when you're copying the card in List B. copy will be created to the List B
info January 17, 2021

Ah, I am with you now! That's perfect thank you!!

Would you happen to know what variable I need to use to copy a card to be automatically dated the next Monday please?

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
info January 17, 2021

Sorry, I mean to title the card with the date

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2021

If you navigate to the Dates tab, there's item: set due. Please try.

button2.png

info January 17, 2021

Thank you! Final question! If I want to add the next Monday's date to the TITLE, what variable would I use please?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2021

Please try something like:

Content tab -> rename the card to: {cardname} - {cardduedate}

Also please move this action after the action, which set the due date.

info January 17, 2021

That worked perfectly! Thank you for your help :)

Like Hana Kučerová likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events