Convert link card to regular, but keep auto generated cover title and description

Rob Coenen July 14, 2022

Hello everyone, here is what i am trying to do:
- I want to copy+paste a URL into a new card
- I want the card to populate itself with an auto-generated cover, title (and perhaps description), extracted from the URL
- I then want to be able modify the card: add comments, add tags, override the title, description, etc.

Sadly, when I try to do this, teh auto-generated cover, title and description disappear once I convert from "link" card to "regular" card. See below.

Any ideas in how to achieve what I want? Is this simply a missing feature?
If so, could Trello add a new feature "Keep auto generated content" when doing the "convert to regular card" in step #4 below?

Thanks!

1. Create a new card

Clips___Trello.jpg

2. Copy+Paste URL (for example: a Youtube clip)

2.jpg

3. A "link" card is created, with auto generated cover image, title and description

card.jpg

4. I want to add comments, labels, etc. to this card. 
To do this, it seems that I will first have to convert the "link" card to a "regular" card... 

convert.jpg

5. The card is now converted to a "regular" card. Let's open the card...

converted.jpg

6. Yes, I can now add comments, add labels, etc. but sadly, the original auto-generated cover image (and title+description) are now gone... nah.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events