Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Due Checklist Items to Card on Different List?

Jenny Romero January 25, 2023

Hi, all

I know this is probably so simple but I can't figure it out. Is there a way for me to create a card from a due checklist item, while keeping the checklist item in the list? So, create a card whenever a checklist item from all my lists is due and have it show up in my "Do Now" list? Thanks in advance. I hope this makes sense. 

1 answer

0 votes
Vishaal S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2023

Hi Jenny,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I definitely understand it would helpful if you had this option from within the checklist menu, so I've flagged this as a feature request with the team.

That said, as a possible workaround, you could definitely set this up via Butler.

For example:

• when checklist "Test" is added to a card, convert all the items in checklist "Test" into linked cards in list "{checklistname}"

You can find the *convert all the items in checklist.. action under the *Cascade tab in Butler.

With the {checklistname} variable, if there isn't a list under that checklist name, Butler will create one. If there is a list under that checklist name, the cards will be created there.

Will this work for you at all?

Cheers,
Vishaal S | The Trello Team

Jenny Romero January 27, 2023

I was hoping to just move the overdue items and not a full checklist. Thank you for your response though! 

Vishaal S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2023

@Jenny RomeroI totally understand what you're looking to do, but I'm afraid that kind of trigger isn't available currently. Any workaround I could possibly think of would require a trigger like that, so I'm sorry to say I don't have any other options for that right now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events