Connect Trello to Power BI as Web Source.

Atul Ghunavat September 1, 2020

I was able to connect Trello API as a web source in Power BI. But I have one issue when I try to export actions it only give 50 rows even though the json clearly has all of them (when you export the Trello board as a json).

Do you know of a way I can get it to bring in more than just 50 rows? It seems to be able to bring in data for every card when it’s set to “cards”, but not “actions”

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2020

@Atul Ghunavat If you are using API, you are probably constrained by Trello Rate Limits. I am not surprised that you can do it for cards. Have you considered Export and then incrementally add to it via a webhook interface?

Are you retrieving "actions" because you wanted analysis on usage and or historical info?

Atul Ghunavat September 2, 2020

@milynnus thank you for your reply :) 

Yes, I want to see historical info of actions to do analysis and create reports in Power BI.

I have no idea about 'webhook', do you mind sharing any tutorial videos or articles about how to export and add data using webhook interface?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2020

@Atul Ghunavat here’s an article on webhook https://blog.trello.com/webhooks-are-here
While a webhook can be for a simple use case like delete all attachments when a card is archived, setup on for Power BI will mean you need an end point be responsive to any actions triggered by board users, filter out what you need, write it somewhere, and probably more to get it to BI. 

while I do have a “as a service” solution for webhook for Trello, your project, I anticipate, would need for in depth discussion. If you are keen, my contact form is on my profile page. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events