Connect Drafts to Trello via URL Scheme

André Strömgren April 17, 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to create an action (automation) to send the text in a Draft (app Drafts 5) to Trello to create a new card. I'm using the URL Scheme advised by Atlassian (https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/automate-with-url-scheme/), i.e. trello://x-callback-url/createCard?shortlink={board_shortlink}&name=MyCardName&description=MyCardDescription, which opens up Trello but does not create a new card. I've checked the parameter data from Drafts and it should be ok.

I'm stumped, please help me to understand why a card is not created? 

2 answers

0 votes
Jonathan Rubin May 18, 2023

@André Strömgren Did you figure out how to get this working?

André Strömgren May 22, 2023

Hi,

I just got an answer back from the Atlassian support to only use the 8 letter short code instead of the full link, but that did not work. So this is still, at least for me, an open ticket unfortunately.

0 votes
Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2023

@André Strömgren,

First off, welcome to the Atlassian Community and I hope you're doing well today.

Given the complexity of your question, could you please raise a ticket with us at https://trello.com/contact#/ and share the same information from your post including on which device are you attempting to use the callback URL? That would be very helpful for us to troubleshoot your case! I appreciate your understanding! 

André Strömgren April 19, 2023

Hi and thanks!

I will do that, thanks for directing me to the right place.

I tried the same question with the Drafts community and after testing the situation out with persons more technically skilled than me we concluded that it seems to be an issue with how the URL Scheme is set up on the Trello side since I either get bounced back to Drafts from Trello without having created a card (mobile), or stay in Trello without having created a card (laptop).

Sal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2023

You're welcome, André! Please do, and we'll be happy to review your case with you and our team to understand where the problem lies. I made a few tests on my own and got the same behavior, so I agree that something isn't right with the URL schemes. We'll be looking forward to working with you to solve this problem! Have a nice day! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events