Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing cards sort order on Timeline View

Gaetan Le Gac November 23, 2021

Hello, 

I've been a Trello user for long time, and few hours ago, I purchased the Business Class in order to benefit from the Timeline View.

But something bothers me: When I open a list from the left sidebar of the Timeline View, the non-scheduled cards do not have the same order as displayed on the table view.

image.pngUntitled.png

Is there a reason for that ? Is it possible to configure this view so the sort order matches with the Table View ?

Of course it's not an important issue, but in the table view, my cards are sorted by priority, so it's confusing and non-intuitive switch between the different views.

Thanks for your help,

And congrats for working on the best tasks management tool ever.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2021

Hi @Gaetan Le Gac ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! Hmm, that's strange, I've just tried to replicate the same problem on my board but everything is in the order displayed on the table view. 

I've given it a couple of other attempts to see as to why this is doing it and I believe its showing you the order the cards were created over the order they are shown on the table view. I tested this out, inserting a newly created card midway on a list and I successful replicated your issue. 

Unfortunately, I don't see any way to fix this but my recommendation would be to get in touch with Trello directly and raise a ticket to see if there is a fix for this, as it seems an odd way to view cards seeing as users carefully order them in a way they want to see them. 

I hope this helps but if you have any more questions then just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Gaetan Le Gac November 24, 2021

Thanks for your clear answer. As you suggested, I will create a ticket and eventually update this thread if I get useful informations for other users that are in my case.

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2021

Sounds like a plan, thanks and good luck Gaetan!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events