• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Confused what package I should be on - help!

Hey Trello experts!

So I'm a digital agency owner and I use Trello both for internal and client comms.

I'm always confused about the settings / privacy of the Trello boards and in turn if I should be on the free package or the Business package.

Here is how I mainly use Trello

• New Team member onboarding (one board)
  • My Sales call pipeline and tracking (one board)
  • My VA tasks (one board)
  • Client onboarding and management (about 10-15 at a time)

Firstly for the client onboarding boards, should they all be trello workspaces so I don't have to pay for people to be members? I had them in my team previously but when inviting clients I was paying for them to use it - which I need to avoid. 

Is this the best set up? To only lock down the internal boards to my team and have everything else as a Trello workspace?

I just went to create a new board and told I'm at 8 of my 10 free boards...just confused! 

2 answers

@Jackie Muscat Regardless of plan, intra board privacy and assess controls is minimal. You can manage comments and  add members at board levels. You can make a board invisible to other team members. So when a client is a member on a board, he/she will be able to see information of other clients. Having worked as developer on Trello, decision on plans - because that determines Butler quota, attachment size etc, tends to be technical. Gold entitlement only benefit the account user only, while business entitlement benefits paid team members. Business has a feature called single board guest. I would encourage you to read more about it. Reach out to me via my profile should you want to discuss more. 

Another solution is to get the Clients to set a blank board up for you ... then its in their limit ... however, that leaves them in control of it, and they can lock you out if you get into a dispute, and that might not be acceptable.

I always proof against lockout by taking regular copies of the board, duplicating in my own space as also a backup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Introducing: A Whole New Trello

After a decade of growing the most ubiquitous visual framework for productivity and project management, we are evolving Trello’s boards, lists, and cards model to bring context to content and help te...

571 views 23 21
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you