Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused what package I should be on - help!

Jackie Muscat December 21, 2020

Hey Trello experts!

So I'm a digital agency owner and I use Trello both for internal and client comms.

I'm always confused about the settings / privacy of the Trello boards and in turn if I should be on the free package or the Business package.

Here is how I mainly use Trello

• New Team member onboarding (one board)
  • My Sales call pipeline and tracking (one board)
  • My VA tasks (one board)
  • Client onboarding and management (about 10-15 at a time)

Firstly for the client onboarding boards, should they all be trello workspaces so I don't have to pay for people to be members? I had them in my team previously but when inviting clients I was paying for them to use it - which I need to avoid. 

Is this the best set up? To only lock down the internal boards to my team and have everything else as a Trello workspace?

I just went to create a new board and told I'm at 8 of my 10 free boards...just confused! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2020

@Jackie Muscat Regardless of plan, intra board privacy and assess controls is minimal. You can manage comments and  add members at board levels. You can make a board invisible to other team members. So when a client is a member on a board, he/she will be able to see information of other clients. Having worked as developer on Trello, decision on plans - because that determines Butler quota, attachment size etc, tends to be technical. Gold entitlement only benefit the account user only, while business entitlement benefits paid team members. Business has a feature called single board guest. I would encourage you to read more about it. Reach out to me via my profile should you want to discuss more. 

0 votes
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

Another solution is to get the Clients to set a blank board up for you ... then its in their limit ... however, that leaves them in control of it, and they can lock you out if you get into a dispute, and that might not be acceptable.

I always proof against lockout by taking regular copies of the board, duplicating in my own space as also a backup.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events