Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comments editing history

Andre Coutrim August 11, 2020

Hello everyone,

Please, there is a way to see the original (previous) comments when it is edited? Or also a way to block this option? I mean... it sounds weird IMHO to be able to change something you wrote without having a history. 

Many thanks for any support,

Best regards.

trello comment.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Tan March 31, 2023

at the very least, update when it was edited with some icons at the top will be helpful

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2020

@Andre Coutrim The details of changes are recorded in in "actions" and you can get access to it via webhooks or by using the Trello API. I do not know how far back you can go with the API but you can filter and set limits the search on "actions". In terms of restrictions, I believe there is none like what you are looking for other that the disable comments for the entire board.

Andre Coutrim August 12, 2020

Thank you so much for your fast reply. But as a lay user, I would strongly suggest that Trello could put a tiny button where we mortals could press and just see what was changed, and it could be limited to 3 or 5 editions per message maybe... My knowledge in IT is barely zero, so for users like me, your instructions will not be useful, unfortunately. 

Other than that it couldn't be a big issue but perhaps we can have real matters if somebody just changes dishonestly their message to cover a mistake.

Many thanks!!

Like Daniel Tan likes this
Matt Leavitt July 23, 2021

@milynnus, I don't believe that's true, at least in the Server version.  For instance, if I make an edit of a comment from last year, it changes the comment from last year in the Comments and it also changes the comment from last year in the Activity, and it only updates the "(edited)" - I can see the edit date, but not the original comment anymore.  It also changes the Last Modified date.  But that original comment is now gone, and there is no new Activity listed from today.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

@Matt Leavitt 

I am referring to look at actions via api and not through the UI. For example you can use action to figure out the sourceCard from which the card was copied from. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events