Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color labels changing automatically by start date

Lars April 27, 2022

Hi, 

I have Butler/Automatization used for the following rules

1. set start date to now 

2. set label to green

3. Sort list by ascending sort order (do it daily as well as when I edit this list)

So far so good. 

How can I add triggers that every day the color label is checked and changed to yellow/orange/red based on x days after the start date. 

E.g. I want the label color change to yellow 2 days after the start date, then to orange 4 days after the start date.... and so on. 

I cant figure the corresponding trigger for that. 

Thank you for your help guys

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2022

@Lars welcome to the community! Couple thoughts for you here. 

I know how to do that with DUE date, but i don't think those triggers exist for the start date field. Could you reverse it to work backwards and say maybe x days before due date? If so, then you just need to go to the "Due Date" section of rules and your triggers will be in there! (This would probably be the easiest solution.)

If you're trying to get to how many days the card has been opened, you might want to use something like the Time in List Power-Up. (Not exactly what you're asking for, but a possible solution to what I think might be your use case.)

If you really want to stick with Butler and do exactly what you described above, i can think of a very convoluted process to do it 😂 But it's not very straightforward. I think you could probably make a custom field called Days, and another Custom field called "original list", then add about four rules.

Rule 1: (Rules) When a card is added to the board, update the `Orignal List` field to the name of the List it's created it and update Days to "1". 

Rule 2: (Calendar Rule) Every day, move cards with "Days" to list "Add One" (or name of some list that we'll trigger in the next rule).

Rule 3: (Rules) When a card is moved into the "Add One" list, increment the "Days" value by 1, move the card to `Original List`. 

Rule 4: (Rules) When custom field Days is 2, add yellow label.

That's super convoluted and I can't guarantee it would work, and also would probably be pretty performance intensive depending on how many cards you have on your board. But i _think_ that could be roughly one way to accomplish what you're describing.

Lars April 27, 2022

Thank you Brittany!

TIme in List Power Up is not really what I am looking for, as it adds the time stamps to every card on the board, not a specific list I want. 

For now I am trying to set up a workaround with the due date as suggested by you. 

Anyhow, then I am missing the start date, which is important for me. 

If I add both, start and due date, it will make my list look more bloated and also adds colors if the due date is ahead soon, which is annoying. 

For now this is a workaround, but it would be great if such an easier feature good by added with Automation. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events