Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collating contacts

Kirsty Pank
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2022

For each of my boards, I want to be able to export cards with my client contact details - name, email, job title. I want a master spreadsheet that captures this information from each of my boards.

To achieve this, how should i be adding these details most effectively (custom fields, contalist, crmble...?) so that when i do an export data - this is the information that i receive?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 21, 2022

Hi Kirsty,

If you are using the built-in Trello export feature I would use custom fields as that is otherwise you will miss data stored inside other power-ups. By using custom fields it also means your contacts data is visible to other power-ups such as Sendboard and Blue Cat Reports as well as Trello's automations. 

However, if you are using Crmble or etc. already then maybe just go all in on that :)

Hope that helps,

Robin

Kirsty Pank
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2022

Thank you for your reply @Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_ 

I have been using custom fields - rather than crmble  - just wanted to check I wasn't missing a trick.

I would like to capture everyone we interact with on Trello (lead, client, supplier) - associate them with a tag (so I can segment/filter) and build our database.

Is it possible to change or control the information that is exported from Trello and that goes onto CSV file? 

Thank you

Robin Warren _Blue Cat Reports_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 22, 2022

I think with the built in export you just get everything, but can then remove that in excel or google sheets.

You could look at something lik Blue Cat Reports (out product) to get more advanced filtering or check out our review of the various export options here https://www.bluecatreports.com/trello-reporting/exporting-trello-data/

0 votes
Alberto Estévez June 21, 2022

Hi Kirsty,

In addition to what Robin has suggested, here is some more info on how Crmble deals with contacts and cards. With Crmble you can manage contacts separately from cards and reuse them on multiple cards across multiple boards of your Crmble Team. You can customize your contacts by adding extra fields. Also, note that you can add as many boards as you want to your Crmble Team even if the boards are on different Trello workspaces.

The contacts are available on every board of your Crmble Team so that you can access them all and link them to multiple cards to create leads. We call it lead, but it could represent any type of task you manage for the contact you have linked to the card. It could be a lead on a sales funnel use case or a support ticket, or a shipping order, or a file or a house sale, you name it... You can export the whole contact database from any board. The leads/cards database on the other hand is specific to each board and to export the leads/cards table you need to access every board individually.

Hope that helps too,

Alberto

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events