Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collapse / Expand Checklists in cards on desktop web-browser platform

Hannes vd Walt September 29, 2017

Hi There

On the iphone Trello app it is possible to collapse & expand multiple checklists in one card. This is a nifty feature if you have a multiple long detailed checklists.

I have been trying to do the same on the desktop web-browser platform but it seems there are not such a feature on the desktop Trello version.

Is this correct or am I just overlooking the functionality somewhere?

If this feature is not available on the desktop version, how can I request/recommend it as a possible future update?

Thanks guys!

6 answers

1 vote
Andreas Fromberg Olsen August 29, 2023

Nothing new since 2017 in terms of implementation?

1 vote
John Estep
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 28, 2023

Is this on the roadmap? Checklists can get quite large and without collapsing them, the view is terrible. 

1 vote
Unal Perendi October 29, 2022

this is quite much needed feature. There could be a lot of checklists or checklist items, it is all about scrolling then. They should be default expanded when opened, but you can collapse them if you want. That works nice in JIRA for Issues Checklist plugin. Hopefully trello team delivers this soon. 

1 vote
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi Hannes,

No, you're not missing anything—that feature is not available in the web and desktop versions of Trello, unfortunately. I’ll pass your interest in this on to our team for consideration—let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to send their way.

Hannes vd Walt October 5, 2017

Thanks Michael, please pass it on to them.

Am I communicating in the correct community regarding Trello? I struggle to find how/where to post questions to the Trello only community, and also my posts dont show up on the Trello questions forum?

Another question I have, is there a reason why NONE of the Markdown Syntax formatting are being displayed on the Trello Mobile iOS app? And will this change with Future Trello updates?

Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2017

Yes, this is the right community! Your question looks like it's in the Trello Questions section to me, so I think you're doing everything right!

The Trello iOS app doesn't support all of the same Markdown syntax that the web client does, but it shouldn't be that none of it is showing up! Do you have examples of what syntax isn't working and where you're entering it, like descriptions or comments?

Jaydeep Roy November 24, 2023

Sorry if i am picking up this thread far too late, but i still don't see this feature implemented.

0 votes
Léa Prévot
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2024

Still no collapsible checklist feature, and I can't seem to find a Chrome extension that does it either. If anyone sees this and has something to recommend, I'm all ears!

0 votes
Vadym Polietaiev December 14, 2021

Same interest for possibility to collapse big checkboxes. Very needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events