Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code block markdown does not work more. Is it ok?

alex alex June 21, 2020

Hello. I've faced with problem of code block marks. 

Previously, I used (according to the documentation) blocks of  [```] characters. But now the editor allows me to add only one of them. Once. Is that what you intended, or is it a bug?

--

WBR, alex

3 answers

0 votes
Baptiste October 12, 2022

If anyone like me ends up here, here is the trick: code blocks have to be preceded by a blank line.

(Please upvote my answer if it helped you!).

Input:

221012-114435-5.jpg

Output:

221012-114354-Z.jpg

0 votes
alex alex June 24, 2020

No, problem still exists. 

Chrome version 83.0.4103.61

Description: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Release: 20.04
Codename: focal

MacOS - ok.

I have no idea how to attach video. But screenshot here.

Screen 1 - typing.

Screen 2 - result

No ``` block allowed for type (and not show it)

alex alex June 24, 2020

Снимок экрана от 2020-06-24 10-08-56.pngСнимок экрана от 2020-06-24 10-09-36.png

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2020

@alex alex you need to surround your code blocks like

```
Code goes here
```

alex alex June 24, 2020

it's impossible for me. This is the bug.
Well, I'm trying to explain that this is impossible. Previously, it was ok (few months ago), now it is not (with the exception of MacOS, and may be Windows (I have no it test)).

The editor allows you to enter only one character '.  Whe I type \` three times I still see only one ` symbol. 

I've uploaded video to gdrive.

download 

Like Iain Dooley likes this
alex alex June 24, 2020

in any case - thank you for answers. Seems I've found workaround. Typing in blind mode. I can't to see typed ` blocks, but just see in result - they  added to text.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2020

@alex alex okay cool glad you found a workaround, I've pinged the atlassian team in slack to see if anyone there can figure out what's going on anyway.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2020

@alex alex seems to be working:

2020-06-23 at 11.29 am.png

2020-06-23 at 11.30 am.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events