Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing a board - not possible while being admin

Ingrid October 9, 2021

Hi, I'm admin of my Trello workspace and all the boards. I want to close a board, but the only option I see in the menu is 'Leave the board'. What to do now?

Thank you! 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2021

Hi @Ingrid ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble closing a board on your Trello workspace. A couple of questions so we can try and get to the bottom of this for you:

• Are you able to see the 'close board' option (this should be right above/below 'leave the board') on any of the other boards in your workspace?
  • Are you able to double check you admin status on the board in question?
  • Are there any other board admins that could have lowered your permissions?

Hopefully we will find the solution for you but in the meantime if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Ingrid October 10, 2021

Thank you for your answer, Laura. I don't see the 'close board' option aboive the 'leave the board' option. I now see that even though I'm admin on the workspace, I'm not an admin on the boards. I don't see where I can change my rights to the boards as a workspace admin ... The option to change rights on the board itself is greyed out. 

Thank you for any additional suggestions :-)

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Hi Ingrid, thank you for checking your admin status. Do you know who the admin is on the boards in your workspace? The next steps from here is to request whoever is admin on the boards to change your permissions and set you as a board admin. 

Once this is done you'll have full access to close the boards you want 😃

All the best,

Laura

Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2021

Hi @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_, thanks for helping out here! @Ingrid, if Laura's suggestions don't work, or you can't get in contact with the admin, feel free to raise a ticket with Trello Support so we can look into options, and link us this Community post so we're aware of it. https://trello.com/contact 

Ingrid October 11, 2021

Thanks Laura and Alex, I have to ask the admin later today. I believe it will work out. I think there is still some confusion as to why I cannot change it myself, since I'm admin of the workspace. I expected that that would make me admin of all boards automatically or that I would be able to change my own status to admin of a board. 
But, it's good to know that it works differently. 

rmartinez January 24, 2022

Hi all, I have the same problem, I'm the workspace admin, but I'm not admin on all of the boards - they were made by staffers that are no longer with the company.  I need to delete these boards so we can make new ones.  Is there anything I can do?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events