Closing Admin account - Automation must carry on for others

Wikus Erasmus August 17, 2022

I'm leaving a workspace and wnt to ensure all the automation I've set up is still going to be there when my acocunt closes and the other admin runs things.

1. If I set up the automation and my account is closed, will it still work or do I need to assign it to another admin first?

2. If I need to assign it - Where and How please?

1 answer

0 votes
bmccoy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2022

Hi!

1. If you are the owner of the rule, the rule should continue to run.  However, no one will be notified if the rule fails for example.  If you are the Rule Actor, then the rule will not execute anymore.

2. To update, head to the Global Automation page (or ask an admin).  In the "..." menu on the rule list you will find "Transfer User".  Here you can re-assign all of your rules to another person.

Cheers,
Brydie

Wikus Erasmus September 19, 2022

Thanks.

So our small business consist of only 3 members. 
I created the boards and set the automation rules. There is no admin to ask something of, should I have access to those setting you refer to? I cannot find anything like that?!

bmccoy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2022

@Wikus Erasmus 

Apologies, on re-reading I realised you were probably asking about Trello's automation under butler, to which I don't know the answer.

I was referring to Jira's Automation.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help.
Brydie

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events