Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear Votes

Ben May 28, 2020

Is there a way to clear all votes when using the Voting Power up?

I tried to disable it to start over, but that does nothing. It still even shows the old votes when doing that.  Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2020

Hi @Ben ,

Welcome to the community!

Please visit the below link and follow the steps. I hope it will solve your problem!

https://help.trello.com/article/788-voting-on-cards

Ben May 31, 2020

Hi Soumyadeep,

Unfortunately, this does not address the question. I am looking to clear ALL votes. This only talks about an individual taking back their personal vote.

1 vote
Patrik Gustafsson December 2, 2022

Not even disabeling the power up resolves this.

I was using the leaner coffee plugin before. (That did not have this problem) but it hade random limits on the number of votes.

As an admin clearing votes is essential.. not sure where to file a feature request. 

1 vote
Ben May 31, 2020

My hack solution was to copy every card and archive the cards with the votes. That leaves a card without any votes. It is not ideal. It is very manual and now every comment is attributed to me (because I was the one did the copying). It did get the job done well enough though.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2020
0 votes
James McDowall July 7, 2020

Easy. Use 'Butler' >>

Create a new 'Board Button' and use the following:

create a new list named "old", move all the cards in list "Retro Safety Check" to list "old", copy all the cards in list "old" to list "Retro Safety Check", and archive list "old"

In the above example I can a single common list called 'Retro Safety Check' I wanted the team to vote on by-weekly.

This then gives a nice clean button at the top of the board and does exactly what you want.

Hope this helps!

Starace October 27, 2020

Hi James

I tried your suggestion and the votes are copies as well:

create a new list named "old", move all the cards in list "Agenda items" to list "old", copy all the cards in list "old" to list "Agenda items", and archive list "old"

Is anything else that needs to be done?

Thanks

James McDowall January 18, 2021

Looks like Atlassian updated the metadata of what is coped. This no longer works for me either now. It was a 'feature' for me at the time that it 'didn't' copy the votes over when you copied cards.

Unfortunately it now does.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events