Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklists - auto assigning items

Jessica Provencher October 26, 2021

I utilize checklists a great deal and I typically have the items assigned. Now I've added additional team members and I need the items to be assigned based on who has created the card (checklist is automatically added). I can not figure out how to do this and I've been waiting for a response from support. Has anyone done something like this and can help?

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2021

@Jessica Provencher 

While there is {creatorusername} this is available, based on Trello's variable documentation, it is available "only in Rules that have a card in the context and in Due Date commands".

Currently, doing a project to add items to all checklist in cards (400-800 cards) that are copies of the card or a card created via a template. Other capabilities include delete item, when new card is copied or created, and ensuring all items in the checklist is reordered based on the source card.

I think the same concept can be deployed here by gathering all the cards created by each member in some form of lookup tables. When a member is added an item, it involves an endpoint that use this lookup table for all the cards and add it to all the respective checklists that matches the checklist name. This will be done asynchronously.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events