Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist items and Reporting

John Chambers April 25, 2024

Okay Trello Dev Dudes - I've struggled trying to figure out how to do this and for alllllll the features that Trello offers, why this one isn't or wasn't included in the initial release, OR in the at least 2 years since I've seen it inquired about has me baffled. 

Now, if there's a FEATURE REQUEST area, let me know, I'll add this there and a petition of upvotes to get it implemented - but for meeeee - IF you can add an item to a calendar - it should be available to be reported on. 

I know enough "code" to be dangerous but I do know that the date field on a checklist is a variable (probably something like checklist-item-due or js-checklist-item-due) - and the function probably behaves like so: Does said variable have a date? yes or no - if no, don't add to the calendar - if yes, add to the calendar, check for labels, colors and members and slap it on the calendar. Close enough? 

Well that being said, why isn't that variable added to the Trello Reporting/Butler tool? 

We can provide the same conditions that are available for a standard card - but give us the ability to show it in a report.

More often than not a card is an umbrella that covers a number of subtasks that have to be completed to fulfill said card. The fact that we can't report on checklists other than a handful of ischecklistcompleted / ischecklistnotcompleted / hasachecklist etc feels like an afterthought, when the dates tied to cards in our checklists are overly beneficial to the success of any given project.

We look a card as a milestone - and the subtasks help fulfill that milestone - but we can't run a weekly report to let everyone know what's on their plate because reports don't recognize the dates on the checklist items. It's crazy to me that there's a dependency feature but not checklist item due date reporting capability. I've never used the dependency feature but I always use the due dates. 

So, can we please take a look at how this can be implemented?
Provide us a workaround if you don't want to implement it or at the very least, allow reports the ability to see the checklist item due date variable within the Trello card as an item to be included in a report? 

Thank you so much in advance.

(any chance this can be done by next Friday?)
Hey never hurts to ask right? :-) 

2 answers

0 votes
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2024

Would you like to give a try with this option to see if it fits your requirement for time being,

• If your workflow allows, consider converting each checklist item with a due date into an individual card on the same board.
  • This allows you to report on individual card due dates through Trello's built-in reporting tools.
  • Explore Trello's Power-Ups marketplace.

Regards

0 votes
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2024

Hi @John Chambers 

Your understanding is absolutely right,

Trello currently don’t have a native capability on reporting functionalities for individual checklist item due dates.

It's a common pain point for users who rely heavily on checklists for project management. While you made it a statement for next Friday, as this is community you cant expect some workaround that fast – kindly find other possibilities by your own if not reach out to Trello Support

Contact Support | Trello

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
Thank you very much and have a great one!
Warm regards

John Chambers April 29, 2024

yeah, my Friday reference was supposed to be a joke - and i exhausted all references before generating this message. 

It just seems like this forum is littered with others asking for the same thing. Do they have a feature request area? i can post there as well. 

I will let you know if i came up with a workaround. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events