Checklist check/uncheck all

Because I have not found another method, I commonly use Trello checklists as collapsable ordered lists. In order to collapse a checklist, all items must be checked as completed, which changes all item text to strikethrough formatting. This is all wonderful for checklists, but makes ordered lists harder to read, meaning every item in the checklist is typically deselected for viewing and then reselected afterward.

Is it possible to add a checklist function to the checklist icon which would select or deselect all items in the checklist (depending on the selection state)? This would be immensely useful.

If this is not possible, would it be possible to create a secondary option to allow users to collapse entire checklists regardless of completion status?

2 answers

1 vote

Right now, that it is not possible to collapse single checklists within a card. But I'll make sure to share the suggestion with our team for consideration.

Our staff has been looking for a way to utilize the checklists for more routine tasks.  Every Monday-Friday there's a certain list that has to be accomplished for each day and with interuptions and calls, it can be hard to refocus every 10 minutes to where you left off.  Each day has it's set list.  Each week our staff has to uncheck each item on a daily card "start over".  We tried the repeater power up and while it does create a new card that has items unchecked, it doesn't delete the old cards. So the clean up time by deleting old cards takes just as much time.  I think a select all toggle to select the check list items would save a bit more time.  We are new to trello but love it so far.  I even use it at home for taking care of an elderly parent to track medical care.  If there is an easier way to help with weekly tasks, we'd love to hear about it.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Apr 23, 2018 in Trello

Using Trello to manage events

As a Jira power user, I was at first doubtful that Trello could benefit my workflow. Jira already uses boards (ones you can customize!), so why would I even need to use Trello?! In this post you will...

792 views 10 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you