cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist automation: 'checked' between 2 cards

Rens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2023

Hi

I have a lot of projects and specific to do's to for each one. I'm trying to combine all my to do's under a specific checklist name "To do" into one main "To do"-list.

This i can do without a problem. Sometimes i will "check" an item from either the specific card of a project or in the main to do list and i would like it to update eachother.

When I check an item in the project card it should also get "checked" in the main "to do"-list.

When i check an item in the main "to do"-list, it should also get checked in the project specific card.

Same logic applies for when i update the due date or the assignee. 

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2023

You would have to link the cards together for this to work.

This guide will get you started:

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/synchronizing-cards/ 

You will also want to reference the automation variables:

https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/butler-variables/ 

An example automation (once cards are linked) would be:

when an item is checked, find the first card linked in attachments and check the item "{checklistitemname}"

Rens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 11, 2023

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply and the push in the right direction!

I'll try it out this week!

As I've understand from your explanation, this does mean that i'll need to create a link each time i create a new card witha to do list, right? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events