Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist Item Due Dates

Laura Krider December 2, 2020

Hi, all! I love that I can set deadlines for checklist items, but they don't seem to show up when I sort all of my cards by deadline. I only see deadlines for the cards themselves. Is there a way I can make my checklist tasks show up in the full list so I can see the full picture of what deadlines are coming up?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2020

Hey Laura,

I do agree that would be a really nice option to have with those advanced checklist features, but I'm afraid that wasn't something in the scope of the original design for those new features.

For what it's worth, I'll pass along your interest in that to our team, but I can't give any specifics for if or when we'd add that kind of functionality. We'll at least have that logged and taken into consideration though!

Laura Krider December 7, 2020

Thanks!

Wim Delfs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 3, 2022

Sorting checklist-items by due date would be nice as well. :o)

And also that due dates used within butler are working for checklist-items.

Like Kevin Cavanaugh likes this
Kevin Cavanaugh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 3, 2022

Need this so bad

Krystal Hopkins September 21, 2022

The checklist seems to be pointless if we cannot sort by date.  Has there been any updates on this?  I am attempting to view the same.

Like # people like this

I'm not sure how closely this forum is monitored but our team is currently testing Trello functions to determine if it is the right tool for us, so this will have a large impact on whether we purchase a plan or not.

Nancy Dennis September 21, 2022

Krystal: Krystal, If you hit "Home" and then Show More (in the middle of the page), you will see a list of checklist items by due date. 

Like Krystal Hopkins likes this

Thank you!  It took my a while to find the "home" button so for anyone reading this, first click on the "Trello" button and then you should see "home" listed on that page.  There doesn't seem to be much flexibility but it shows up as a list of your checklist items listed in order of due date.

1 vote
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2020

If its a task with a date ... make a card for it, likely any with specific date different from the main task, is they will have some specific discussion, so put on that card too.

Then reference the card back to the checklist.

Laura Krider December 7, 2020

Thanks for the advice, Stephen!

RiTiK Lahori
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 8, 2021

Thanks @Stephen Addis for this answer, this looks good, thanks again

0 votes
Kevin Cavanaugh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 19, 2022

Has there been any update to this issue? Is there any way to clearly see visually what tasks are overdue or due now for all team members?

Jeffrey Spitz Cohan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 15, 2022

I'd like to see that too. 

0 votes
Nancy Dennis June 20, 2021

Click on Home. There is a list view there. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events