cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist Automation

Leah Bonavia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2024

Hi, 

I have set up a card button automation, to copy any unchecked items within a  checklist into another list. All looks good, however it seems to be copying ALL checklist items, even the ones that are already checked off ? 
Here is the automation set up

copy the card to the bottom of list "This Week", convert all the incomplete items in checklist "Ingredients" into cards at the bottom of list "Grocery List", and set due date the next monday at 5:00 pm

Am I doing something wrong ?? 

1 answer

0 votes
Luciana Munhoz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2024

Hi Leah! Welcome to the community!

I tested here and it seems that the action will copy the checklist items from the new copied card and not the original one that has some completed items already.

When I changed the order or the automation button it worked! So my suggestion is to test edit the automation and change the order of the actions to:

convert all the incomplete items in checklist "Ingredients" into cards at the bottom of list "Grocery List", copy the card to the bottom of list "This Week", and set due date the next monday at 5:00 pm.

Hope that works well for you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events