Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check a checklist item on one card, automatically check a checklist item on another linked card

lspencer December 30, 2020

I am trying to create a rule which will automatically check off a checklist item on a card if that checklist item is named the same as the original card containing the original item i checked off. 

For example, if I have two cards as follows:

Card 1 - "Sample 1"

Containing the checklist:

Item 1

Item 2

And Card 2 - "Item 1"

Containing the checklist:

Sample 1

Sample 2

If i check "Item 1" on "Sample 1" card, I would like the item "Sample 1" to be checked off within the card named "Item 1"

Alternatively, I have attempted to link cards and then remove the link once a checklist item is checked, but it doesn't appear to work. No error message appears in the log.

This is the rule that I created with butler:

when the "UCHealth" item is checked by me, remove link "https://trello.com/c/C0Op1qr6"

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020

@lspencer Just for fun

when the "{*}" item is checked, find a card titled "{wildcard1}", set the card's description to "I found you", and check item "{triggercardname}"
lspencer January 6, 2021

Hi,

Thanks, I tried this and it seemed to work! Can you explain what the variables reference? for instance the {*} and {wildcard1}? I want to be able to enable this for different checklists - it seems like it only worked for a checklist with a certain title but not a checklist with a different title. 

Also, is it possible to reverse it so that I can uncheck a checklist item?

lspencer January 6, 2021

It also doesn't seem to work for all cards, just one that I have tried so far

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events