Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a converted checklist items name by adding the original cards name

Nick Howse
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2021

Hi,

Ive setup a list of customers, in that list I have cards for each customer. within each customer card is a checklist of the jobs I need to do for them. I have managed to create a rule that when I add a job to the check list "Jobs to do", it then adds that to a "tasks" list. If I add a new checklist item called "kitchen" to say a card called "Russell" this creates a new card Called "kitchen" in my "tasks" list.

when an item is added to checklist "Jobs to do", convert the item to a linked card in list "Tasks"

I would like that new card to say "Russell - Kitchen".

Please can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Nic

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2021

@Nick Howse hi there! Russell's name is on the card right? You should be able to use  the {cardname} Butler variable. So go edit your rule for create a new card in "tasks" to be named `{cardname} - Kitchen`.

More details on Butler variables here

Nick Howse
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2021

Thanks for that!! It works!!

Nishi Chavarkar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 18, 2021

Nick can you share how did you set up your first rule here. I am trying to create a parent-child relation between items that are converted into cards, and add card links instead of items. but butler no longer has the when the item is converted rule

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events