Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change all due dates in one action

Kathryn August 9, 2021

Hi, I'm trying to encourage the use of Trello more in my organisation but there's one big issue that I keep coming up against. I hope someone can help.

I add a start date and due date to each card on my board so that we can use Trello as our project timeline – allowing everyone in the team to see at a glance which day/week/month we have allocated to certain tasks.

Quite regularly, something will happen that will mean we have to push back all dates, e.g. by one week, or two weeks. When this happens, I have to go through all of the many cards and change the dates manually. I feel like I must be missing something, is there a way to automate this, so that I can for instance in one action tell the board to alter all start/due dates by one week?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2021

@Kathryn 

Try this 

when a due date is set on a card with a due date with the purple label, collect all cards with a due date with the red label into links in checklist "Temp" using pattern "{cardlink}", for each card linked from an item in checklist "Temp", move the due date by the same amount of time

This is case the card with the purple card is the control and I am only interested in those with a red label.

Kathryn August 9, 2021

Hi Milynnus, thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what this means though! Please could you explain? I've never used Trello for anything except basic allocating tasks, so this is new to me.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2021

@Kathryn 

What I provided is an automation rule. 

Kathryn August 9, 2021

Ah okay. I'm finding it very confusing, since my labels aren't the issue. It's all cards I want to change, not only those with certain labels. Hopefully I'll find a workable solution but thanks again for your suggestion :)

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2021

@Kathryn 

It is intended to be a template that you have to customise based on your board design. The change of the due date with a purple date sets off the trigger to gather the cards that needed to be changed and in my example they are those with a red label. It also sets the number of days to adjust the due dates of the selected cards. 

You may want to get someone to help you since you have not done any automation before. 

Vikash Kumar June 3, 2022

@milynnusCould you please how to set this Automation rule that you're suggesting here. I am facing similar issue like changing the due dates of all cards in a list because of a priority card addition in the same list. I am aware of about automation rules and configuration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events