Change Email address to one, that already exists?

Christof Ortmann January 14, 2022

Hi,

my Atlassian/Trello account is registered to Email 1. I wanted to change email to "Email 2". Then I received a mail, that Email 2 is already associated to a different account.

But I never created an account with my Email 2. I typed the Email 2 in the login field - hoping I could reset the password. But I only received a mail, which says I should verify my Email 2 to finish my setup of the account.

So how can I switch my existing account to Email 2? Verify Email 2, then delete the account and try again?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2022

Hi @Christof Ortmann ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! Given the issue you have between the two email addresses I would raise this directly with Trello Support. To help, you can raise a support ticket here >> https://trello.com/en-GB/contact

I hope this helps and gets resolved quickly for you 😃

All the best,

Laura

Christof Ortmann January 15, 2022

Thank you, Laura! I created a ticket.
Chris

Like • Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ likes this
Martin Aldergard February 27, 2022

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ I'm having the same problem and tried with 2 different new email accounts...which I have never used with Trello/Atlassian in the past. Now I also get blocket for 24 hrs for trying to change too many times...

Next, I'm trying to follow your advice to raise a support ticket. However the choices What can we help you with? >> Account Issues >> Update Profile....leads me back to  'Explore the community'.

Feels like Catch 22...where am I going wrong?

Happy for any support or pointers on how to change my email address.

Thank you :-)

Christof Ortmann February 27, 2022

Hi Martin, 

I hope reminder correctly: I had to log in with my Email 2 and change it to a different one - so Email 2 is immediately released. Then I could change Email 1.

Cheers

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events