Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card repeater does not trigger actions in IFTTT

Hoisun Ng April 24, 2018

I am trying to set up a workflow using Trello and Todoist with IFTTT as glue. I want to manage my projects on a high level in Trello and low level (meaning concrete, actionable items) in Todoist. Todoist is also the place for my day to day tasks.

I set up IFTTT that all cards on a list should create a task in Todoist. For simple cards, this seems to work. However, I also have cards that are created using the card repeater. These cards do not trigger my applet.

Looking at the IFTTT error log, these applets show failure messages like "Usage limit exceeded" or "The Trello service or its API may temporarily be down".

Did anyone have luck using this setup and is it really just a temporary problem, or is it not supposed to work?

I'm also really wondering if Trello or IFTTT is the problem here, these things are not very user-friendly when it comes to debugging.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2018

We'd recommend checking with IFTTT as they develop and maintain the integration on their end.

Hoisun Ng April 30, 2018

I posted a question there too, but I haven't received an answer yet. I'll just accept this answer with the remark that there is no solution for the problem as of now. I don't see any chance of things improving in the very near future. I'll revisit this when I have found a solution.

Deleted user October 17, 2018

Hi Hoisun, have you had any luck with IFTTT yet? I want to use almost the same set-up as you are trying.

Hoisun Ng October 20, 2018

No, unfortunately I couldn't get it to work this way.

Deleted user October 20, 2018

Thanks for responding! I am currently experimenting with Zapier as the glue between Trello and Todoist. Zapier's native "Scheduler" also comes into the mix with creating and triggering cards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events