It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Card repeater does not trigger actions in IFTTT

I am trying to set up a workflow using Trello and Todoist with IFTTT as glue. I want to manage my projects on a high level in Trello and low level (meaning concrete, actionable items) in Todoist. Todoist is also the place for my day to day tasks.

I set up IFTTT that all cards on a list should create a task in Todoist. For simple cards, this seems to work. However, I also have cards that are created using the card repeater. These cards do not trigger my applet.

Looking at the IFTTT error log, these applets show failure messages like "Usage limit exceeded" or "The Trello service or its API may temporarily be down".

Did anyone have luck using this setup and is it really just a temporary problem, or is it not supposed to work?

I'm also really wondering if Trello or IFTTT is the problem here, these things are not very user-friendly when it comes to debugging.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Torben Atlassian Team Apr 26, 2018

We'd recommend checking with IFTTT as they develop and maintain the integration on their end.

I posted a question there too, but I haven't received an answer yet. I'll just accept this answer with the remark that there is no solution for the problem as of now. I don't see any chance of things improving in the very near future. I'll revisit this when I have found a solution.

Hi Hoisun, have you had any luck with IFTTT yet? I want to use almost the same set-up as you are trying.

No, unfortunately I couldn't get it to work this way.

Thanks for responding! I am currently experimenting with Zapier as the glue between Trello and Todoist. Zapier's native "Scheduler" also comes into the mix with creating and triggering cards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,520 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you