Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card due date duration in google calender

Hemi Michaeli October 5, 2022

Hi

When I create a due date to a card it appears as a one-hour event in my google calendar.

How do I change it by default to be 30 min for example?

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2022

Hi Hemi,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm afraid the default duration is something that Google is adding, not Trello. Trello events don't have a duration at all, because it's not really a calendar, it's a view of dates and times that things are due, and was never meant to show lengths of time in the way a normal calendar does. When you show that in a real calendar, it needs to pick a duration in order to have something to show properly, and 30 minutes is Google's default choice.

I believe there's a way to change Google Calendar's default, but that wouldn't really solve the problem of making it a customizable per event, unfortunately!

With that said, this could be possible if we also synced start dates with third-party calendars but that's also not possible right now. We're tracking this as a feature request with the team, and I've added you as an official +1 to that.

You could look into third-party Power-Ups to see if they offer the functionality you're looking for here: https://trello.com/power-ups/search?q=calendar.

Please let us know if you have any other questions, and we'll be happy to help.

All the best,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events